Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Body of Christ.













I've recently had a profound moment where I decided I wanted to learn as much from people who are older than me as possible. Naturally the thing I desired to learn first was the magic of making great food. Exactly a week ago I headed down to Port Colborne to do just this. This trip I learned how to make gnocchi (which is one of my all time favourites). I didn't only leave with the knowledge of making gnocchi or four pounds heavier, I also left with the knowledge of why my Nono is not a priest. He told me that if he was a priest if a real babe came up when he was to give her the body of christ, instead of saying "the body of christ," he would say "Christ what a body." I also heard a story about how my Nono (in his 70's) took a family friend's dad who happens to be 86 to the tanning bed to soak up a little artifical sun. Gotta love 'em. That would explain why I am not a quarter black.

No comments:

Post a Comment