Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Don't You Just Love Nice People.

Yesterday was very much not a splendid day. Other than this one little glimmer of light that shone through the rest. I was at work when a man came into to talk to my friend and co-worker Michelle. I was half paying attention to the conversation they were having until I heard him say he was obsessed with Woody Allen. This obviously made my head turn and I exclaimed in delight. Michelle then went off to do other things and we chatted about Woody Allen, New York, jazz music and eventually vinyls. He gave me a few blues and folk recommendations that I should look up. Then he went on his marry way or so I thought. About ten minutes later he came back with a bag. Let me stress that this is the first time I have ever talked, or seen this man in my life, he is also not a member at the gym. He, my good friends made my week. In his bag were 10 records for me to borrow. Amongst them was Velvet Underground (who is one of my favourite bands, which we did not talk about), Sarah Vaughn, Muddy Waters and last but certainly the gem of the pack was a Woody Allen stand up comedy routine. I'm not sure if I had ever smiled so brightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment